Board Certified, Personal Injury Trial Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2006
Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law (J.D., 1993)
University of Texas at Austin (B.B.A., Business/Engineering, 1989)
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Health Law Litigation
- Labor and Employment
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Products Litigation
- Property/Casualty Litigation
- Preferred Physicians RRG
- Ironshore Inc.
- Ensign Services Inc.
- Capstone Health Inc.
- Hamlin & Burton
- CNA Insurance
- Foursquare Partners Inc.
- Western Ligitation Inc.
- Texas Hospital Insurance Exchange
- Lifespace Communities Inc.
- Northwest Senior Housing Inc.
- One Beacon Insurance Inc.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Inc.
- Community Options Inc.
- Greystone Communities Inc.
- Healthmark Partners LLC
- Huguley Memorial Hospital
- Delta Healthcare Inc.
- Allied World Insurance
- Glen Rose Medical Center
- Preferred Solutions, Inc.
- Creative Health Solutions, Inc.
- Connell Construction, Inc
- Marlin Insurance Group
- Civitas Senior Living
- Regent Care inc
Shareholder / Director
Direct Line: 469.899.9802
Michael Stewart handles complex and high-risk medical litigation cases all over Texas and the Southwest. He specializes in medical malpractice and commercial liability litigation involving long term care and rehabilitation facilities. Additionally, Michael is a recognized developer and lecturer on proactive risk management protocols. He has created and implemented innovative risk management systems for clients seeking to avoid litigation complications and risks. He also develops and implements arbitration systems for his clients as a means of avoiding the costs and uncertainties of the courtroom. He has represented clients in Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma and Kentucky.
Michael has developed a subspecialty in the defense of Skilled Nursing and Long Term Care facilities and systems. He has handled over 1300 claims and tried dozens of cases to verdict all over Texas and the Southwest.
Michael received a J.D. from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law in 1993 and a B.B.A. in Business/Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin in 1989. Reflecting the excellence of his practice, he was selected to the list of Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters in 2012.
Has handled and tried numbers of cases in the fields of medical malpractice, commercial litigation, construction litigation and labor/employment litigation
He handles andles regulatory disputes and appeals for his clients
He handles professional board investigations, hearings and appeals.
By providing risk management protocol implementation and service, he gives his clients the tools to avoid future legal problems and focus on their business endeavors.
Recent Jury Verdicts
- Estate of Roy Broadwell v Senior Care Health and Rehabilitation of Wichita Fallas - Wichita County, Texas
- Estate of Mildred Myrick v Arkansas Convalescent Center - Jefferson County, Arkanasas
- Estate of James Maxwell v Gerardo Zambrano MD - Gregg County, Texas
- Greg Fausto et al v Pennsylvania Rehab LP, Zona Smith RN - Dallas County, Texas
- Yesika Carreto v Oasis Nursing and Rehabilitation — El Paso County, Texas
- Lisa Burt v Lone Star Pain Management LLC — Parker County, Texas
- The Plaza Health Services at Edgemere v Searcy Ferguson and the Estate of Margaret Miller – Dallas County, Texas
- Darryl Pratt v Lone Star Pain Management – Parker County, Texas
- Hal McPheeters v El Paso/Enterprises LLC, Franklin Heights Nursing Home – El Paso County, Texas
- Leslie and Sandra Bartosh v OCRAM Inc. – Galveston, Texas
- Robert Richards v Care Inn of Abilene – Jones County, Texas
- Elisa Chaides-Reyes vs. Community Options, El Paso, Texas
- RyanJack LLC vs Westside Energy Production Co. LP fka EBS — Dallas, Texas
- Jose Correa v. Closs Enterprises Inc — Harris County, Texas
- Cleo Paxton vs. Arkansas Nursong and Rehabilitation Center-Texarkana, Arkansas
- David Burgher vs Latham Roofing Inc – Dallas County, Texas
- Lisa Wheelock vs Mariner Health Care Inc. – Tarrant County, Texas
- Rita Freeman v. Community Options Inc. – Potter County, Texas
- Janice Combs v. THI of Texas d/b/a Heritage Manor of Canton, District Court, Van Zandt County, Texas
- Nancy Bond v. Stephen Graham M.D. and Tx-An Anesthesia LLP ? Dallas County, Texas
- William Hill, Jr., v. Arkansas Nursing And Rehabilitation Center – Bowie
- Sue Adams v. Good Shepherd Medical Center; Dr. Frank Kodali – Gregg County, Texas
- Jose B. Jasso v. Living Centers of Texas/Mariner Healthcare Management - Jim Wells County, Texas
- Marie Harris v. Leo Dewitt McCarter M.D. — Dallas County, Texas
- Mary Lou Barnett v. Dr. Stephen Graham — Dallas County, Texas
- Simeon McLean v. Harris Methodist HEB Hospital — Tarrant County, Texas
- Pauline Gray v. Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas — Dallas County, Texas
- George Morgan v. Joseph Suckarieh M.D. — Midland County, Texas
- David Walker v. Dr. Edward Herrera — Tarrant County, Texas
- Rosa Hinojos v. Pebble Creek Nursing Center — El Paso County, Texas
- Nyola Arrant v. Dr. Manuel Ramirez — Dallas County, Texas
- Jose Smothers v. Gulf Health Care Galveston — Galveston County, Texas
- Lillie Mosby v. Rosecare of Little Rock — Pulaski County, Arkansas
- Maria Hampton v. Benji Burke M.D. — Gregg County, Texas
- Angela Faubion v. Richard Heldt M.D. — Tarrant County, Texas
Honors and Awards
- Selected to the list of Thomson Reuters' "Texas Super Lawyers", 2012, 2019, as published in Texas Super Lawyers Magazine and Texas Monthly
- Selected to the list of Thomson Reuters' "Texas Rising Stars", 2004, as published in Texas Super Lawyers Magazine and Texas Monthly
Presentations and Publications
- Avoiding Liability, TAHSA Leadership Conference, 2005
- Risk Management Today, Texas Association of Homes and Services for the Aging, 2004
- Proactive Risk Management, National Benevolent Association Annual Conference, 2003
- Defensive Charting, Adventist Health System — Huguley Memorial Hospital, 2003
- Medication Errors, University of Texas at Arlington School of Nursing, 2002
- Legislative Update and Risk Management, Texas Health Care Association Western Division, 2002 Conference
- Negligent Credentialing Update, NTSHRM, 2000
- State Courts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- State Courts of Arkansas
- State Courts of Kentucky
- State Courts of Oklahoma
- Advocates for Long Term Nursing Assn
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Society of Healthcare Risk Management
- Dallas Bar Association — Litigation and Healthcare Sections
- Defense Research Institute
- National Health Law Association
- State Bar of Arkansas, Insurance Section
- State Bar of Texas, Health Law Section
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Texas Association of Homes and Services for the Aging
- Highland Park Young Life Staff Member, 1990 — 2011
- Salesmanship Club of Dallas, 2005 to present
- Searcy Youth Foundation, Board of Directors
- Texas Real Estate Agent License, 1989-2016